Thursday 19 August 2010

Fresh Blood > Green Gerry


Name: Green Gerry
Origin: Athens, Georgia / Los Angeles, California, US
Genre: Experimental, Lo-fi

::MP3::

by Green Gerry (debut album, self-released 2010)

[Exclusive interview with the one-man-band after the read more]

::Q&A::

1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
Four loko folk.

2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.
Art Blakey, The Band, Radiohead, Os Mutantes, Sleep, The Smiths, Michael Jackson. Sorry can't do three.

3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?
Michael Bay or the dood who directed Sleepless In Seattle (Nora Ephron).

4. Tell us a bit about the making of these songs.
Here are some Odd Tymes Facts!!!

I started recording this record when I was 20 in Athens, GA (I am now newly 21)!
Tracks 1, 2, 4, 8, and 12 were recorded in California and I was high on cocaine during the recording process (but for the mixing/serious part I was sober)! Almost all the noises in bbbuttons were made with my mouth!
"Cozy Space Mugz" finished product amounted up to over 50 tracks! "Song Fur Thunderstorms" was recorded outside and alot of the noises in that are bushes, a moving vehicle, birds, and a pot!

5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/ tape?
CDs are so nineties and I only like to live in the past so, yes, occasionaly ill buy a cd. But not usually a modern band's CD.
Like I was at good will the other day and I saw a Bell Biv Devoe Single of Poison. Shit I had to buy it. But outta the three your askin' me about I buy these the least.

I do still buy vinyl. Old and new. I think my last purchase was a Prince Rama and Kegs of Acid split. If I see a band I like I'll buy there record.

I do still buy and record on tapes. I think the last record I bought on tape was The Smiths Meat Is Murder.
I have a walkmen. It's fucking dope. Some times ill record mixed tapes from the radio. Then ill rollerblade to get some ice cream while listening to it.
But as you can tell, THE DIGITAL WORLD OF THE INTERNET IS TAKING OVER. SOON HUMANS WILL HAVE COMPUTERS FOR FACES.

No comments: