Tuesday 28 September 2010

Live Recording > Kevin Greenspon at KXLU, Los Angeles

We used to post live recordings of concerts very often around here. Actually that was one of the main reasons why we started this blog. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to attend any gigs lately, but I hope I'll get back to that as soon as possible. In the meantime, there's something really special we want to share with you today, though it wasn't recorded by ourselves.

The amazing Kevin Greenspon has just sent us this top-notch live recording called Push You Away Forever that we are delighted to share for the first time online. "Basically I was on the KXLU 88.9 FM radio station in Los Angeles on September 5, and recorded this set live. These songs are the same ones that I was performing on tour with Vehicle Blues, so it is a very accurate document of the shows on tour!", Kevin told us.

In case you haven't heard of him yet, Kevin Greenspon is a prolific young artist from La Puente, California and the man behind the awesome Bridgetown Records. His numerous recordings are uncommonly eclectic, shifting from lo-fi garage songs with happy-go-lucky melodies and screwed-up lyrics to more experimental, drone-y stuff that flows between placid guitarwork and destructive noise convulsions. Push You Away Forever is an extraordinary example of these latter sonic explorations.

Kevin was so happy with the quality of this live recording "that I decided to make a limited edition CDr (50 copies) to give to my friends, take on tour, and send to people who order from my label". However, "I am sold out already, which is why I put it on Mediafire and shared it with you". Follow the link at the end of the post to download this short yet rewarding live set.

Setlist:
1. Unwelcoming / Threshold | 2. Ache | 3. Push You Away Forever

Here's some video footage from this live performance:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is cool. kevin is a great artist.