Friday 20 August 2010

Fresh Blood > Deekie


Name: Deekie
Origin: London, UK
Genre: Alternative, Lo-fi

::MP3::

from Amusia LP (Kennington Recordings, 2010)
"Count The Stars"
from Amusia LP (Kennington Recordings, 2010)

[Exclusive Q&A with Mr L & Neets after the break]
::Q&A::

1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
Mr L: Getting better all the time.
Neets: Riddle/Armchair/Dust.

2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.
Neets: Young Marble Giants cos they are perfectly imperfect, Stereolab because they are perfectly perfect, and Mr L’s old band Team LG cos the tricks he learnt doing that he showed me too.

3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?
Mr L: Woody Allen when he wasn’t rubbish.
Neets: Sergio Leone, I’d ask him to take me to the desert by donkey and film a day in the life of a badboy lizard!

4. Tell us a bit about the making of these songs.
Mr L: They were all made at night in a cramped flat in London, much to the annoyance of our neighbour who ended up doing an impression of my singing during an argument! We have decided to move…
Neets: Very late nights, lots of mystery, trials and errors, some confusion, and in the end lots of wonder.

5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/ tape?
Mr L: Constantly! I am happiest wading through racks of dusty vinyl. Part of the reason for moving is that the vinyl is spilling out all over the floor and down the stairs.
We love vinyl, that’s why we hand coloured all of ours, we thought that we would like it if a band did that.
Neets: I only buy vinyl, it sounds lovely and feels so nice. I have lots of tapes left over from when I was little and one day I will play them to Mr L and he can laugh at the AC/DC and Candy Flip songs that sit side-by-side!

No comments: