Sunday 18 July 2010

Fresh Blood > Healthy Animal


Name: Healthy Animal
Origin: Coral Springs, Florida, US
Genre: Psychedelic, Ambient

Empty
by Healthy Animal (Lazy Roar Records, 2010)
by Healthy Animal (Lazy Roar Records, 2009)

[Short Q&A with Ameen aka Healthy Animal after the jump]

::Q&A::

1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
Totes chillwave, bro.

2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.
Pocahaunted, introduced me to DIY music through their record label, Not Not Fun. Spacemen 3 inspired a lot of the droning guitar and repetition. Neutral Milk Hotel because they got me really interested in music in the first place.

3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?
Werner Herzog, because I expect I would get to go on an adventure instead of making music.

4. Tell us a bit about the making of these songs.
I make short improvised guitar parts that sort of fit together and drum loops. Record whatever instruments or noises are around. Fiddle with Audacity.

5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/ tape?
Any time I have money, most of it is spent on tapes and vinyl. There's a great record store nearby called Radio-Active Records. I usually buy tapes online.

No comments: