Monday 13 September 2010

Fresh Blood > Pregnant


Name: Pregnant
Origin: Placerville, California, US
Genre: Indie Pop, Chillwave

::MP3::
third album released on vinyl (Life's Blood, 2010)
[Download more Pregnant's releases here]

[Our Q&A with Daniel Trudeau after the jump]
::Q&A::

1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
Savant, water, pop, wierdo.

2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.
Captain Beefheart, Arthur Russell, Fred Frith.

3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?

4. Tell us a bit about the making of these songs.
I use pedal and computer manipulation to make (what I believe to be) an original and palatable sound.
Through the use of samples from iTunes, tapes, CDs, and the like I can create back tracking for written tracks on guitar, sax and tiddlywinks.
Most of the songs are meant to be uplifting and semi-sarcastic.

5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/ tape?
Yes I do, but because I'm so broke it has to be something I really want laying around in my house for a while.

No comments: