Name: Minneapolis 1989
Origin: Saint Paul, Minnesota, US
from On Being Rooted EP (self-released, 2010)
from On Being Rooted EP (self-released, 2010)[purchase the Minneapolis 1989's EP here]
1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
Post-rock formed through a decade of playing music together in various bands.
2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.
3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?
It would have to be Terrence Malick or Jim Jarmusch.
4. Tell us a bit about the making of these songs.
We spent a long time recording our debut, so we wanted to do the opposite with this EP. Chris (Vocals/Guitar) wrote these songs in a way that gave us a lot of room to add our own ideas and parts. We tracked all of our instruments live in one day, and did vocal overdubs at a later date.
It was all recorded in July/August of 2009. We have all kept really busy this past year with other bands, full-time jobs, and school... So were just now getting around to releasing it!
5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/ tape?
I'll buy CD's if its a local band or if I'm at a show... otherwise not usually. I like the idea of releasing music on vinyl/tape; but I unfortunately do not collect.