Saturday 4 September 2010

Fresh Blood > Cinéma Vérité


Name: Cinéma Vérité
Origin: Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Genre: Indie Pop
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thecinemaverite

::MP3::
ϒ"Tired Hands"
from the forthcoming Sunrise, Sunset LP (out October 20th, Le Grand Magistery)
ϒ"Icelandic Summer"
debut single from A Very Magistery Summer digital comp (Le Grand Magistery, 2010)

[Read below our interview with Zachary Gray - half of Cinéma Vérité]
::Q&A::

1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
Electroacoustic Lo-Fi Indie Pop.

2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.

3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?
The late, great Stanley Kubrick. I've always liked the moody atmospheric drones and synthesized classical re-creations used throughout his films (mostly those from the 70s and early 80s). 
Although I could never top the work of his long time collaborator Wendy Carlos, I'd would have certainly loved to try.

4. Tell us a bit about the making of these songs.
The songs were composed over a period of 7 years. I began writing these songs when I was 17, working alone or collaborating via the internet with the other half of Cinéma Vérité, Guillaume Harvey. Towards the end of this period, we were collaborating more frequently than not, which is how
Sunrise, Sunset went from being a solo release to a "band" release.

5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/ tape?
I rarely buy CDs anymore, but I do buy vinyl if I become attached to an album. Since I do download music (hey, who doesn't) I figure, if I like the album enough to want a tangible copy, why have two digital copies. Plus, vinyl just sounds better.

No comments: