Origin: Orlando, Florida, US
Genre: Indie, Folk
by Sean Moore (self-released, 2010)
[free download from the artist's bandcamp]
[Exclusive Q&A with Sean Moore (Viernes) after the jump]
1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
Your guess is better than mine! Symphonic indie folk, perhaps?
2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.
The Beach Boys, Scott Walker and Brian Eno. All three have been incredibly influential in my songwriting.
3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?
I would have to say Terry Gilliam. 'Brazil' does it for me every time. Absolutely brilliant filmmaking!
4. Tell us a bit about the making of this song.
"Ashley" was written for my fiancée. The song builds sonically until being enveloped in glorious walls of sound. This transformation represents the utopian feeling of being in love.
5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/tape?
Yes to all of the above...especially vinyl. If I come across a substantial life-altering record, I will usually seek out a vinyl copy. I feel it's crucial to support the artists involved.