Wednesday 14 July 2010

Fresh Blood > MICKEY MICKEY ROURKE


Name: MICKEY MICKEY ROURKE
Origin: Los Angeles, California, US
Genre: Experimental, Ambient

::MP3::

M M R
by MICKEY MICKEY ROURKE (self-released, 2010)
by MICKEY MICKEY ROURKE (self-released, 2010)
[download from the artist's bandcamp]

[Q&A with Miller Rodriguez - MMR after the jump]

::Q&A::

1. How would you describe your sound in a few words?
A feeling of weightlessness, a deep nostalgic feeling, sad memories.

2. Name 3 bands without whom you wouldn't exist.
This one's hard only because I love all types of music. But if it wasn't for Ian Curtis, MJ, Biggie, Brian Eno, Misfits etc.. I wouldn't be playing music.

3. If you'd have the chance to work with any film director, who would that be?
David Lynch, Werner Herzog, Harmony Koire.

4. Tell us a bit about the making of these songs.
My solo music [aside from my dance punk band NEON NAVAJO] was never suppose to see the light of the day. I live in a city where if you can't shake your ass to it... It automatically sucks.
I see music as stories things on loop and fat drums beats makes it hard for me to envision something more. One of my main goals for these songs were to try to crate a feeling of past occurrences, remembering lost ones, and exploring the future but most important something that will serve as an experience.

5. Do you still buy CDs/vinyl/ tape?
Tapes and vinyl yes!!! I see them as treats [cd suck].

No comments: